Trashigang is a town in eastern Bhutan and the district capital of the Trashigang Dzongkhag (district).
It lies on the east side of the valley above the Drangme Chhu River just south of where it is joined by the Gamri River. Trashigang is the eastern terminus of the Lateral Road, Bhutan's main highway leading to Phuntsholing in the southwest. The population of Trashigang was 2,383 in 2005 according to a census.
In October 2011, Trashigang Dzong, under renovation since 2007, was on the verge of collapse. Trongsa Penlop Minjur Tenpa built the dzong in 1659, serving for centuries as an administrative headquarters and monastery, though government offices mostly relocated by 2011. Its sinking easterly foundation and crumbling upper walls necessitated either relocation or total destruction and reconstruction, according to dzong officials.
Trashigang is the largest district in Bhutan. It has two sub districts and fifteen gewogs.